Friday, April 17, 2009

Official North of the 400 NBA Playoff picks, first round

Eastern Conference

No. 1 Cleveland vs. No. 8 Detroit
Obviously Cleveland in this series. I think Detroit's too old and too banged up to even pose much of a threat, really. Cavs in five.

No. 2 Boston vs. No. 7 Chicago
You know what, now that Garnett's maybe out for the whole postseason, I feel like the Bulls can pull off a huge upset. I like the way they've been playing lately, there's some good matchups and if they can steal an early win in Boston they'll have a great chance at winning this series. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Bulls in seven.

No. 3 Orlando vs. No. 6 Philadelphia
I don't know if I'm sold on Orlando going too deep, but I think they'll get past Philly without a lot of problems. Orlando in five.

No. 4 Atlanta vs. No. 5 Miami
I'm taking Miami since I really like the way Wade's played this season and I haven't really seen Atlanta play much. Miami in six.

Western Conference

No. 1 Los Angeles Lakers vs. No. 8 Utah
I think the Jazz are starting to self-destruct and the Lakers will walk all over them. I don't even think it'll even have a close game. Lakers in 4.

No. 2 Denver vs. No. 7 New Orleans
I really like this matchup. More then anything, I like the Billups/CP3 matchup. It's a great point against a George Karl-coached point, so I think it'll be neat. I like what little I've seen of the Nuggets, so I'm going to take them to win in six.

No. 3 San Antonio vs. No. 6 Dallas
I also really like this too. Normally I'd like the Spurs, but with Manu out and Duncan hurt, this could go either way. And since the Spurs are relying on Roger Mason Jr. to make big shots, I'll take the Mavs in seven.

No. 4 Portland vs. No. 5 Houston
Another cool series, too. I really like Houston this year (mostly because I want them to win without T-Mac) but Portland is fun to watch and I like Brandon Roy a lot. I think Portland's inexperience will be a factor, though, so I like Houston in six.

No comments: